- Announcement for Public Hearing Pursuant to Rider 63, Request for Proposal to Privatize a State Mental Health Hospital
- October 17, 2011 • 1 PM – 4 PM
Lecture Hall K-100
Department of State Health Services (DSHS)
1100 West 49th Street
Austin, TX 78756
Google Map for 1100 West 49th Street, Austin
Rider 63 for DSHS, General Appropriations Act, 82nd Legislature, requires DSHS to develop a request for proposal (RFP) to privatize one state mental health hospital by September 1, 2012. Rider 63 also requires that DSHS take into account feedback from internal and external stakeholders when developing its plan for the oversight of the privatization of the hospital.
Participants are invited to provide feedback to assist DSHS in developing this proposal, to include:
- Strategies to minimize adverse effects on hospital residents,
- Strategies to minimize adverse effects on potential or future residents,
- Strategies to minimize adverse effects on staff,
- Strategies to determine which hospital to privatize and other feedback as pertinent.
Rider 63 requires that the approved contract will generate at least a ten percent savings annually compared to FY 2011 levels and be for a minimum of four years.