In the August 3, 2012 issue of the Texas Register, the Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS) issued a request for public comment on proposed rules governing standards for providing mental health case management services .
Anyone wishing to submit comments must do so before September 3, 2012. You may submit your comments to: MHSArules@dshs.state.tx.us. Please title the subject line “Comments for 25 TAC 412 I”. Comments should include the citation for the section that you are referencing, suggestions for alternative language, and a rationale for the alternative language.
The proposed rules can be found within 25 Texas Administrative Code, Chapter 412, Subchapter 1, governing MH Case Management Services.
You may access the proposal either by clicking the highlighted text in the opening paragraph of this blog post or by following the steps below, which will lead you to the html version.
- Go to the Secretary of State’s website at http://sos.state.tx.us/texreg/index.shtml
- To access the preview of the proposed rules, find the “Points of Interest” box that is located on the right side of the home page and complete the following steps:
- Click on “Search the Texas Register”.
- Locate “title number” on the viewer screen, and type the number 25 in the box.
- Locate “chapter number” and type the number 412 in the box.
- Locate “rule numbers” and type the numbers 401 to 416 in the boxes provided.
- Enter the date, 08/03/2012, in the first box located at Publications Issue Date.
- Click on “find” and the publication data will be available.
- Click on each section to access the rule text, the “preamble” explaining changes to the rule, and the text of the sections being repealed.